- Do not climb trees that have a power line running through them.
- Never, ever touch a power line-even if you think there is no electricity in it. If you see a power line on the ground, please keep everyone away from it and ask someone to call the Cooperative to get it fixed.
- Never use an electrical appliance, like a radio or hair dryer near the bathtub or sink. It could fall into the water and cause a big shock. Remember, water and electricity don’t mix. The results could be deadly.
- Please don’t put a fork or other metal objects inside an electrical toaster. Unplug it if you need to get something out.
- Always fly kites or model toys completely away from power lines.
- Never stand in water and touch something that’s plugged into electricity.
Electricity is a powerful friend, but you must treat it with respect and use it WISELY and SAFELY.