Keep your bill low this winter while staying comfortably warm in your home by using these energy saving tips:
- Turn down your thermostat as low as is comfortable. Energy.gov recommends setting the temperature at 68 degrees Fahrenheit to maximize energy efficiency.
- Change your air filter once a month.
- Keep curtains open in the daytime to naturally warm the house with direct sunlight. Keep them closed at night to keep out the chill.
- Purchase a window sealing kit at a home improvement store to combat drafty windows. These kits include plastic sheets that fit over your window to seal out cool drafts. They can be easily removed without damage once winter is over.
- Maintain your heating system so you don’t get left out in the cold! Schedule services to find out what maintenance you may need to keep your system operating efficiently this winter.
- Check the temperature on your water heater. It should be set no higher than 120 degrees Fahrenheit for best efficiency.