With our current arctic weather that we are experiencing, Piedmont Electric wants to inform members that we do not anticipate any wide spread disruption of power due to the frigid temperatures; however, members should expect higher than usual electric bills due to this extreme colder weather. We encourage our members to be mindful and conserve energy when possible.
There are many low- or no-cost ways to keep warm without cranking up the heat:
- Layer clothing
- Using extra blankets when sleeping
- Check your vents to make sure they are open and not blocked by furniture to ease air flow
- Check windows and doors for drafts and seal any cracks
- Change your air filters monthly and make sure they are facing in the correct direction (look for arrow on side of filter)
- It is also a good time to enjoy hot beverages
These tips can make your home more comfortable and save you money. We encourage members to sign up for MyUsage.com to monitor your daily electricity use and have alerts emailed to you if your use goes up. If you would like to learn more about ways to lower your electric bill give us a call at 800.222.3107.