While Halloween can be an exciting time for children – and adults, it can also be deadly. Consider that twice as many child pedestrians are killed while walking on Halloween compared to other days of the year.
With Halloween just around the corner, it is important to keep your children safe. Here are some important safety tips to make sure everyone has a happy Halloween.
- Don’t allow small children to trick-or-treat alone.
- Make sure to carry a flashlight and / or use reflective tape on bags and costumes.
- Eat only factory wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats given out by strangers and always inspect candy for tampering before allowing it to be eaten.
- Keep power cords off walkways and porches that trick-or-treaters may use. You don’t want them to trip.
- Leave the porch light on for trick-or-treaters.