What happens if you cannot find a former member?

After four years of trying to return money to former members, we are required by law to send their money to the North Carolina Treasurer’s office who enters it into their unclaimed property database. The money will remain there until the rightful owner files a claim and receives a refund.

If you know any former Piedmont Electric members, look for their names using the last name search below. A former member whose name is on the list is owed capital credits and can submit the form on the page to request their credit be sent to them! It’s a good idea to double check with the state of North Carolina as well to see if someone you know if owed money. To contact the North Carolina Treasurer’s office, visit nccash.com or call 919.814.4200.