Piedmont Electric is on standby and ready to restore power as quickly as possible if outages should occur as a result of this winter weather. We are carefully monitoring this winter weather and are prepared for possible power outages. Because Piedmont Electric is located in the communities we serve, restoration crews are always on-site and can begin restoration work quickly. Piedmont Electric members are asked to call us directly at 800.449.2667 to report an outage or call 800.222.3107. Please see below an updated winter weather message. To ensure your safety during this winter weather, please see our safety information.
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON EST FRIDAY…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR A WINTRY MIXTURE OF PRECIPITATION… WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON EST FRIDAY.
* LOCATIONS…PORTIONS OF THE PIEDMONT INCLUDING NORTHWEST PARTS OF THE TRIANGLE AREA AND SOUTHERN PARTS OF THE TRIAD AREA.
* HAZARD TYPES…A MIX OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED TONIGHT.
* ACCUMULATIONS…LESS THAN ONE INCH OF SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION ALONG WITH 0.10 TO 0.20 INCHES OF ICE ACCUMULATION.
* TIMING…PRECIPITATION WILL START AS SNOW AND SLEET BETWEEN 6 PM AND 9 PM THIS EVENING…TRANSITION TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT…THEN BECOME ALL RAIN FRIDAY MORNING.
* IMPACTS…HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS…DOWNED TREE LIMBS AND SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING.
* WINDS…NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES…FALLING TO AROUND 30 TONIGHT… THEN SLOWLY RISING INTO THE MID 30S FRIDAY MORNING.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED BECAUSE PERIODS OF SNOW…SLEET…AND FREEZING RAIN WILL RESULT IN DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS AND SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES. BE PREPARED FOR PATCHY ICE ON AREA ROADS… ESPECIALLY ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES. RAIN AND WARMING TEMPERATURES WILL DIMINISH THE CHANCE OF ICING AFTER 900 AM FRIDAY.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW…SLEET…OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES…AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.