Piedmont Electric Membership Corporation is a Touchstone Energy Cooperative based in Hillsborough. Piedmont Electric is a nonprofit electric utility serving 31,000 consumers in parts of Alamance, Caswell, Durham, Granville, Orange and Person counties. Piedmont EMC’s Mission Statement To empower and to partner with our member to provide energy value and to enhance quality of life in alignment with transforming energy market values.
- Provide valuable levels of service and energy supply options;
- By effectively operating, building, and managing energy infrastructure;
- In partnership with our members, community, and energy suppliers;
- With financial prudence;
- Resulting in energy choices that enhance members’ quality of life and community economic prosperity.
In support of this mission Piedmont EMC is committed to:
- Being responsive to the needs of the membership
- Providing quality service at competitive costs
- Being ethical in the way we conduct our business
- Being recognized as a good corporate and community citizen
- Providing an environment for achieving personal excellence and growth for our employees