- Have your chimney inspected for cracks so they can be filled to prevent cool air from leaking into your home.
- Seal air leaks in your attic to keep conditioned air inside. If you feel a draft then you have a gap to fill!
- Caulk gaps around your windows to prevent inside
air from escaping.
- Install a door sweep on exterior doors to prevent drafts from coming into your home.
- Set your ceiling fans to rotate clockwise which will lift cool air up and force heated air down towards your living space.
- Install and utilize window coverings like curtains or drapes. Keep them open during the day to allow heat from the sun to warm your home and close them at night to prevent heat loss.