Now that summer is winding down and the kids are heading back to school, we’re giving you an energy efficiency pop quiz! But don’t worry if you haven’t studied up on energy efficiency, because this is one quiz where your score won’t affect your grade. It can, however, affect your energy bill by teaching you some simple energy-saving tips. Test yourself to see how much you know about saving energy. The answers are at the bottom of the page, but we don’t think you will need them!
1. Which of the following actions can help decrease your energy bill?
a. Turning off lights.
b. Lowering the temperature on your water heater.
c. Setting a heating and cooling schedule on your thermostat.
d. All of the above.
2. Which Piedmont Electric program lets you pay a lower rate for the energy you use during off-peak hours?
a. Beat the Peak
b. Smart thermostat savings program
d. Load management
3. Plugged in appliances and electronics can still consume energy even when they are turned off.
4. Which free tool on pemc.coop allows you to input information about your house for personalized cost-saving recommendations?
a. Appliance calculator
b. Energy advisor
c. Heating calculator
d. Lighting calculator
5. How often should you change the air filters in your home?
d. Every 3 years
6. Ceiling fans should be used to cool down a room, even if no one is in it.
Scroll for the answers!
Check to see how you did! For more energy-saving tips, visit: pemc.coop/save-energy-money.
Answers: 1. d. All of the above, 2. c. Time-of-day, 3. a. True 4. b. Energy advisor, 5. a. Monthly, 6. b. False