At Piedmont Electric, we think solar power can be responsibly incorporated as an energy source. That’s why we had a solar developer construct two solar fields, one at the Roxboro office and the other at the Caswell office. This solar project represents a lower cost (and lower risk) way for many of our members to get involved with solar technology. In fact, it is one of the few ways renters can invest in solar panels.
Think solar might be right for you?
What is Piedmont Electric’s Community Solar Program and How Does it Work?
Piedmont Electric members will be able to subscribe to the rights to the energy output from solar panels for $2.50 per panel/month. This fee is charged to members’ monthly electric bill. The monthly bill is also credited to reflect the amount of electricity produced from the number of subscribed panels.
Advantages of Community Solar
- Low cost way to tap into the power of the sun.
- No hassling with maintenance; we’ll take care of that!
- Our site is well-suited for a solar installation, so you can be sure you’re getting the most out of the sun’s potential. Site suitability is often an issue with solar installations.
- Perfect for renters who want to be involved with renewable energy.
- No red tape with zoning restrictions or home owners’ associations.
- Solar energy will be credited directly to your electric bill.
If you are interested in a solar subscription, contact Jay Berry, Piedmont Electric Energy Specialist at (919) 644-3449. More information about the program can be found on our Community Solar page.