Making meaningful changes to how you use energy is one of the best ways you can control how much you spend each month. Here are a few of the best things you can do to better manage your energy consumption.
Make Energy Improvements Around Your Home
Even making small changes can lead to a lower bill. To help you save, consider making these energy improvements throughout your home:
- Replace your light bulbs with LED options
- Change out your air filters once per month
- Install a water heater blanket to insulate your unit and reduce heat loss
- Set your water heater’s temperature to 120F
Join Our Energy-Saving Programs to Save More Than Just Energy
Let your cooperative do some of the heavy lifting for you by joining our energy-saving programs that can help lower your bill.
- Take advantage of our time-of-day rate, which lets you pay less for the energy you use during off-peak times. Don’t forget to shift your energy use in the morning away from 6-10 a.m. starting on Oct. 16!
- Our smart thermostat savings program helps you save on very cold winter and hot summer days by automatically adjusting your Nest thermostat via in-home Wi-Fi.
- Signing up for Beat the Peak sends you text or email alerts about expected peak time periods as a reminder to help you reduce usage.
You can learn more about how to sign up for these programs by visiting pemc.coop/rebates-and-programs.