Rebates & Loans
Smart thermostat savings program: Smart thermostat owners can receive a $50 credit on their bill by signing up for our Smart Thermostat Savings Program. By signing up, you get paid for allowing Piedmont Electric to adjust your thermostat through your in-home Wi-Fi a couple degrees on very hot afternoons in the summer. Click here for more information or to sign up!
Electric heat pump: Rebates are available to consumers who install an electric heat pump with a SEER of 15 or higher and have a total electric home. The rebate equals $50 per ton, up to $200 per system.
- $50 credit on your power bill for notifying us of your EV or plug-in hybrid ownership.
- $50 credit on your power bill for signing up for our electric vehicle time-of-day rate.
Lighting: With Piedmont Electric’s Residential and Commercial Lighting Rebate Program, we offer $1 per LED bulb purchased up to $15 per year per member.
To earn your credit follow these guidelines
- Send in your original receipt for the purchase. If your receipt does not clearly show the LED purchase, please also send in proof of purchase from the packaging.
- Write the full name of the Piedmont Electric member, the account number and the complete mailing address and daytime phone number on the receipt. (You must have an active account with the Cooperative.)
- Receipts must be dated within six months of the date of submission.
- Rebate will expire on 12/31/18.
Send receipts to:
LED Commercial Lamp Rebate
P. O. Drawer 1179
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Please note: Rebate will expire on 12/31/18.
To learn more about PEMC Commercial Lighting Rebate Program (click to download).
The Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Loan Program is available to eligible Piedmont Electric members to finance the purchase and installation of an energy efficient electric heat pump (15 SEER or greater), replacement of poorly insulated doors and windows, and/or additional insulation in their home at low interest rates.
This loan is also available for solar water heaters, solar panels and central A/C systems. Approved members may borrow up to $10,000 for seven (7) years at five percent (5%) interest.
For more information fill out our contact form here.
This program is only available for existing homes served by Piedmont Electric. New construction does not qualify for the program.