Between attending parties, completing holiday shopping and everything in between, this can be an expensive time of year. Eliminate some of that stress by lowering your electric bill!
Check out a few small changes that can make a big impact.
1. Leave the oven door closed when you’re cooking holiday meals so your oven doesn’t have to work harder to maintain temperature levels. Use the oven light to check on your food instead.
2. Use energy-efficient LED lights to decorate for the holidays.
3. Put your holiday lights on a timer so you don’t accidentally leave them on all night.
4. Use small appliances like a toaster oven or slow cooker to make side dishes for holiday meals. They use less energy than your oven.
5. Keep your thermostat set to 68°F in the winter. This will keep your house comfortable and your bill manageable.
Visit pemc.coop/save-energy-money for even more energy-saving tips!