National Voter Registration Day
On National Voter Registration Day (Tues. Sept. 24) Piedmont Electric will host a voter registration drive at our Hillsborough office. Anyone can stop by and register to vote or update their voter registration. Piedmont Electric’s voter registration drive is part of Co-ops Vote, a nonpartisan project of America’s Electric Cooperatives. We do not endorse or recommend any candidates for election. Our event focuses on registering Americans to exercise their most basic right—the right to vote!
Important Dates and Deadlines
- October Municipal Gov’t Elections: Oct. 8 (Alamance & Durham Counties)
- Early Voting: Sept. 18 – October 4, 2019
- November Municipal Gov’t Elections: Nov. 5 (Orange County)
- Early Voting: Oct. 16 – Nov. 1, 2019
- Voter Registration Deadline: Oct. 11
How do I know if I need to register or update my information?
You can search for your voter registration on the State Board of Elections website. Once you find your name, if all of your information is correct and up-to-date, then you are good to go! If not, check below for a number of ways to register or update your information.
Not registered to vote?
If you’re not registered to vote or simply need to update your information, there are several ways to do so:
- Register at your state or local county board of elections office.
- Fill out a form online. Download and print. Then, mail it to your state or county board of elections.
- One-stop early voting (only available 10/16-11/1) at select locations.
- Visit one of hundreds of voter registration drives across the nation, including Piedmont Electric.