Did you know that Piedmont Electric is a not-for-profit cooperative? Anyone who purchases electricity from Piedmont Electric is a member and owner of the cooperative. So what makes co-ops so special?
Our primary goal is to improve the lives of our members by providing safe, reliable, environmentally responsible energy to our members at a good value.
Co-ops are owned by the members they serve, which means every one of our members lives in one of our communities.
Piedmont Electric is part of an extensive network of cooperatives across the country that provide support when needed.
The Electric Co-op Impact
Locally (Piedmont Electric)
- Serve approximately 77,500 people
- Maintain more than 3,500 miles of power lines
- Span 6 counties in central North Carolina
- Employ more than 100 North Carolinians
- Serve approximately 2.5 million people
- Maintain more than 98,000 miles of power lines
- Span 93 of North Carolina’s 100 counties
- Employ more than 2,300 North Carolinians
- Serve more than 42 million people
- Maintain more than 2.5 million miles of power lines
- Span 2,500 of the country’s 3,141 counties
- Employ more than 70,000 Americans