The college scholarship winners are:
- Alexis Bowen, Roxboro Community School, will be attending East Carolina University in the fall to start Pre-Nursing courses to become a Registered Nurse.
- Lauren Coffey, Orange High School, will be attending the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the fall to study Peace, War and Defense with a concentration in International Security and Intelligence Studies.
- Taylor Jones, Bartlett Yancey High School, will be attending Alamance Community College’s University Transfer Program this fall with plans to transfer to Western Carolina to pursue a degree in the Physical Therapy.
- Chase Kimball, Cedar Ridge High School, will be attending East Carolina University in the fall to study biology on the pre-med track with a specialization in surgery.
- Karina Mace, Eastern Alamance High School, will be playing in the marching band, with plans to major in an undetermined Science with a minor in French.
- Dario Muller, Cedar Ridge High School, will be attending North Carolina State University to study Aerospace Engineering.
- Ivy Smith, Chapel Hill High School, will be attending Virginia Tech in the fall to study architecture.
Since 1997, Piedmont Electric has supported local students continued education through our college scholarship program. Graduating high school seniors in Piedmont Electric’s service area are eligible to compete for a $2,000 scholarship. Applications are available at www.pemc.coop/scholarships starting September 1, 2018 and are due March 31, 2019.